Film animation innovation has make some amazing progress following the beginning of hand-drawn kid’s shows. The systems utilized by artists to breath life into characters have enhanced significantly throughout the years, and not at all like conventional activity, which made its introduction in 1906 and made the hallucination of development through edge by-edge control of drawings and outlines, most artists today utilize PCs to produce three-dimensional pictures.
Animation Institution in Kerala
Pixar, together with Disney, was the first organization to make a full length PC created activity, with Toy Story in 1995. DreamWorks followed in 2001 with Shrek, which earned $484.4 million at the overall film industry, and hardened PC movement as a standout amongst the most advanced and emotive study types of animation
While PCs have helped illustrators in their endeavors for a considerable length of time, the coming of PC liveliness was a defining moment as far as the kind of innovation activity studios expected to utilize. Until then, the greater part of their liveliness could be completed on workstations (effective desktop PCs), however PC produced (CG) pictures make such a lot of information that activity organizations now need to manufacture their own server farms keeping in mind the end goal to handle it all.
These server farms contain many intense servers, which give boundless measures of preparing force, empowering CG movement studios – of all shapes and sizes – to work with extensive, complex datasets and unpredictable 3D models. HP is one of the fundamental suppliers of server farm foundation, close by Dell and Cisco, and united some of its movement studio clients at the Cannes Film Festival to examine the significance of innovation to their organization
Instructions to Train Your Dragon 2
With a specific end goal to bolster this, DreamWorks has 20,000 processing centers in HP servers over three server farms far and wide. Swanborg said that HP’s most recent ‘Gen 8’ servers are 40 for every penny speedier than the past era, which signifies “40 for each penny more pixels, 40 for each penny sooner”. The organization additionally has limit in a fourth “cloud” server farm, which is possessed and controlled by HP.
“We are no more living in a period in which you need to have all the process assets you require under your own particular rooftop,” said Swanborg.
“We’re an inventive undertaking and inventiveness is not straight – you have minutes when things are working in the meantime, and afterward you have minutes when you’re reexamining and re-arranging. On the off chance that we needed to construct to the top, we would need to about twofold our figure foundation to oblige those minutes, yet we don’t need to do that, in light of the fact that we have HP Cloud, so when we have those snippets of motivation, we are not compelled by innovation.”
HP said that innovation not just has an imperative part in putting away and preparing information, however in examining it. David Chalmers, boss innovation officer at HP’s European Enterprise Group, said that film studios can profit by utilizing apparatuses like HP Autonomy to direct assessment investigation, to pick up understanding into how viewers are reacting to their movies.
“It used to be you’d go to a screening and after that fill in a little card. The film studios would take those little cards and attempt and work out whether they thought it would be a hit or not,” said Chalmers.
“Presently we can utilize the Autonomy innovation to construct an examination device to take a gander at online networking yield. What we’ve demonstrated as of now is that in right on time eras of that style of examination, we are at any rate as great at anticipating as the way they used to do it before
- Identify the barriers that need to be overcome. These can be diverse and can include lack of tools and understanding of the technology as well as lack of support and motivation. Identifying and understanding the obstacles is the first step in any process of overcoming a barrier or challenge.
- Learn why it is necessary to integrate technology in a certain field. Consider the present and future implications of integrating and not integrating. In a classroom setting, this can be seen by considering how it will benefit the students in the future as well as the benefits to the teacher. For both groups, these benefits include increased productivity and motivation.
- Integrate with what is available. For example, in an organization that needs to improve customer and employee productivity, why not consider the freely available tools on the Internet and see how effective they are before moving on to premium versions? Social networks, for example, offer free productivity platforms that can be used to launch many products and services and also enhance interactions within and outside organizations.
- Start with small and fast projects before moving on to larger, time-consuming tasks. For example, the use of web video or Google Maps in a history class does not require huge investments of time and resources.
- Make technology integration a priority, and if necessary, ask for support. Use what is available to get started, and be flexible and open minded when using low-tech alternatives. During a semester or a quarter, integrate at least a new technology-based strategy, and work with others to get it adopted faster.
- Learn with your employees or students to reduce the learning curve. A technology that is learned within the classroom or office context tends to have more staying power than a one-shot workshop. Ask for suggestions, and let the employees or students determine how to best use the technology to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Let’s start with economy. Last summer, I was working on a television show in Arizona. The entire crew stayed in a home kept in the mid seventies, while the air outside topped 115 degrees. Although signs warned us to turn the thermostat up while we were away, we usually forgot, cooling an empty home for an entire work day. A programable thermostat would have cut our energy consumption dramatically by telling the cooling system when to stop and reset so that while we were actually there we’d still be in comfort. The same programming could be applied to furnaces and hot water heaters. Many offices already use motion sensors to switch on lighting. The same sensors have now migrated into homes and can determine when a home owner goes to bed to turn off the light and adjust the thermostat. Heavy electrical use machines, like washing machines or dryers could be programmed to turn on and work at when electrical rates drop.
- Home safety can also be programmed. Security systems can form the networking backbone of many smart houses. In addition to alarms, cameras are now commonly available that you could watch world wide from any PC when you’re away. Many home fires are started by electrical short circuits. In your home today, every device has power fed to it. In a smart house, power is only turned on when the device is needed. If a short circuit occurs, power can be disconnected, the kind of action you’d expect from a simple circuit breaker, but here’s the additional protection. Smart houses also detect gas water leaks and monitor smoke alarms. Power would also be shut down and the appropriate agency summoned. If you look at your home today, you’ll see many DC voltage transformers for radios, fax machines, and more. These wall warts are on all the time wasting power. Smart homes allow for different kinds of current to be fed to different devices only when needed, promoting safety through lower voltages where appropriate while again saving homeowners money.
- To begin, analyze your needs. With your family, discuss exactly which automation features you’ll require. If you are building from scratch, your requirements will influence your home’s layout. In a retrofit, you’ll be limited by your house’s floor plan. Get advice from as many people as you can who are now using automation. What did they do wrong? What works best? Decide on whether you plan to do the installation yourself or hire a professional.
- Decide on your network. There are four main kinds. Structured wiring is a specialized secure network of multi-conductor cable that distributes data and power for phones, computers, home entertainment systems, and any appliances that can be controlled by a microprocessor – think a remote control or timer. It’s the best choice for new construction but is hard to install in an existing home. Wireless networks are flexible and easy to put in. However they are subject to interference from baby monitors and mobile phones. Power line networks use a home’s existing electrical wires to transmit data. They can be disrupted by power surges and failures. If your system is unencrypted it could be accessed by a neighbor on your same local transformer – so much for home security. Phone line networks control your appliances over your existing phone lines. The devices are multiplexed, assigned different frequencies, but again require hard wire installation, although the wiring is small diamater compared to a fully structured network.
- Once you’ve decided on your network, then choose your control devices. Smarthome.com or housesmarttech.com are good sites to browse to see what’s available.
- Some smart house technology has already filtered down to common uses. For example, ground fault interrupters are better than simple fuses, because they can instantly detect a potentially fatal shock where electricity could run to ground through a person. These circuits shut down immediately and are now commonly used in bathrooms, kitchens, and outside outlets.
- Download the latest Windows Media Player from Microsoft (see Resources).
- Open Windows Media Player and right-click on any open space on the toolbar. Click “Tools” and then choose “Options.”
- Go to the Privacy tab and check “Download usage rights automatically when I play or sync a file.” When finished, click “Apply” and then “OK” to close the dialog box.
- Close Windows Media Player and install the Security Component Upgrade, available from Windows Media Technologies (see Resources).
- Obtain the latest version of BIOS for your Gigabyte P35-DS3R motherboard. Go to Gigabyte’s website and search for your motherboard model. Download the BIOS files.
- Plug in your memory stick and format it by going to “My Computer,” right-click on it and choose “Format.” After the format is complete, copy the BIOS files to the memory stick.
- Reboot your PC, and at the POST screen, press “End” to enter the Q-Flash utility.
- Select the “Update BIOS from Drive” option and locate the BIOS files on your memory stick, then press “Enter” to start the BIOS update process.
- Wait while your BIOS is updated. After the process is completed, which can take several minutes, a message will be displayed notifying you that the BIOS is updated.
- Use information technology to increase productivity in your home or business. Programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint can be used to create word documents, spreadsheets and presentations. By using programs such as these, you will save time and effort, instead of wasting time by writing out documents and data information with your hands.
- Utilize databases in your home or office that will allow you to store data on your clients and customers. Many customers, when they connect with organizations, provide information such as their name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and, sometimes, their social security numbers. By storing the client’s information in the database, you can shred the paperwork that contains confidential information. Because the information is being stored in a database, you can also have more control over who can view the information. You can assign usernames and passwords that are required to log into the database to access the information.
- Use information technology as a means to communicate. With so many features available, such as e-mail and instant messaging, you are sure to find a communication method that is more convenient than picking up a telephone.
- Use information technology to learn new information. With the power of the Internet, you have access to tons of information that some people pay to receive schooling for. You can search for any subject you would like to know about by entering the subject matter on an Internet search engine, such as Google.com, Yahoo.com, or Bing.com.
- Use information technology to create an online business. Through the Internet, you have access to billions more customers that will never step foot through your doors. If you have a business idea, you can market it online and make information technology work for you.
- Use information technology in your automobile by installing a GPS (Global Positioning System) device. The GPS device will help you to always know your location, even when you are lost. The GPS device can also help track your automobile if you should ever become the victim of auto theft.
- The first widespread use of information technology in health care was automated claims processing. Electronic processing of medical claims by care providers and insurance companies speeds up the approval of claims and payments to clinicians.
Electronic Health Records
- Electronic health records (EHRs) allow patient data to be shared across the care spectrum by primary care physicians, nurses, labs and specialists. Diagnosing and treating illness require the patient’s medical and treatment history to be available for anyone who sees a particular patient. EHRs save clinicians time by not having to search for information or duplicate it in multiple locations.
Diagnostics and Disease Management
- IT enables faster, more accurate diagnosis of disease. Using IT, clinicians can assemble data about all aspects of a patient’s care, consult with specialists remotely and get evaluation of lab data and images by specialists around the world in real time. IT can also assist patient safety by automating the cross-checking of information like drug interactions and set up reminders for follow-up with patients who have chronic diseases.
- As health care becomes more information based, personalized and even consumer driven, social media play a larger role in information sharing. Social media outlets allow patients with specific diseases to share information about treatments and outcomes with one another and with clinicians. As the data sets at social media sites grow, they have increasing clinical value for research.
- The sequencing and publishing of the human genome on the Internet opened a new field of genomics and personalized medicine. An individual’s genetic blueprint contains information about susceptibility to different types of disease and disease bio-markers for specific diseases like Lou Gehrig’s disease. As science learns to turn different genes on and off, new gene-based therapies for a wide variety of diseases become possible. IT speeds this effort by enabling remote collaboration and information sharing among researchers.
HTMA is a safe and non-invasive test to measure the levels and comparative ratios of nutrients and toxic minerals found in the hair.It is a screening test to measure the levels of 37 minerals in the hair tissue.
It provides valuable health information often not revealed in standard blood and urine tests.HTMA has been globally accepted by Doctors, Naturopaths and Nutritional therapists as one of the most valuable tool for everyday preventive healthcare
Dr. Apoorva Shah, Founder, RICHFEEL Health and Beauty Private Limited, India?s first certified trichologists and beauty physician says, ?Richfeel has always introduced innovative products after intensive and extensive R&D to give optimum value to our customers?.
Minerals are equally important to nutrition as vitamins. Nutrition is not just vital to your overall health, but is important to the health of your hair as well. While our bodies need a variety of vitamins and minerals to support certain functions, there are specific ones that will promote healthy hair.
The hair is thus a reflection of your overall health and nowadays with consumers becoming more and more aware about their personal health and beauty, HTMA becomes a requirement. By interpreting the hair mineral test properly, one can construct a biochemical picture of the way the body is going to respond to stress.
How HTMA is useful to consumers??
HTMA could now be a part of your regular annual health check up. If you have problems related to hair that are not getting treated, HTMA can tell you the reason for the same and you could take preventive treatments.It will also help you to lead a healthy life and affect your lifestyle by keeping a regular check on your body mineral/ nutrient composition.
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis is a screening test to measure the levels of 37 minerals in the hair tissue. Over the last 15 years, HTMA has been an effective analytical test to measure the mineral content of the hair and body in the United States of America.
There are hundredths and thousands of travelers who have travelled and discovered the famous vacation spots considered as best in the USA. As per the popularity of those places as well as trust worthy tweets of experts sharing factors such as accommodations, variety of attractions and dining options we have come across with the best rated places to visit in USA. Studying in New England College will also help you in getting closer to the culture of US.
They are as follows:
The place comprises of multicolored pools, hiking trails that stretch for miles, steaming geysers, bubbling hot springs and plenty of natural view to excite the nature lovers. This is a national park which will appreciated by you if you are an animal lover, because there are two insight place to be visited and they are Grizzly and Wolf Discovery center to learn more about wildlife creatures living in this area.
Willing to explore some of the most inspiring and awful visions in America? Do add Grand Canyon in your list of places to visit in US. Your love of adventure and desire of sightseeing will definitely be fulfilled, you can hike in the Bright Angel Trails or you can enjoy mind blowing river rafting at Colorado River. You will also be able to discover plenty of picturesque vistas too.
The popular place is best known for the promotion of the cultural aspects of the country, it has always been affected by some diverse groups and several social movements. The best way to observe the Bay’s character is to explore each neighborhood living individually. Enclaves built here from the time of Castor’s are the central part of attraction and are also appreciated by the visitors and the travellers.
If you love beaches and romantic walks with your pal on the sea shore then don’t even dare to forget this place to visit, it will help you to visualize and feel the essence of verdant mountains and idyllic beaches, the place is best known for escapism at its finest. You can spend almost each and every happy second of your life admiring the scenic beauty and while you cruise along the Road to Hana or lounge across the sands of kaihalulu, you will think to stay here forever. Don’t forget to have delicious seafood at Maui.
What else is anything popular in this whole world accept Washington DC in the list of places to visit in USA. It is the capital of USA and popularly admired by the visitors for its iconic land marks like Lincoln Memorial and the monument of Washington DC. The place allows travellers to explore all the nook and corner of the country throughout the day. Its up to you, that how you manage to save energy for the evening out at DC because that is something you would never like to exclude from the list. It is a place for food lovers too, if you are foodie then you would definitely feel amazing and satisfied with the quality and unique taste of cuisines prepared exclusively here in the popular restaurants.
- Click “Start,” and open the “Run” function.
- Type “dxdiag” in the dialog box to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Click “OK.”
- Click “Yes” to test the DirectX files on your system. Note the version of DirectX on your system under the “System Information” section.
- Open your Web browser, and navigate to the DirectX homepage. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Open the “All DirectX Downloads” link. Click the “DirectX End-user Runtime Update” link. Select the “Download,” and run the “dxwebsetup.exe” file.
- Accept the DirectX agreement terms, and click “Next” at the prompts. Click “Finish” at the last prompt to complete the installation. Reboot your system.
- Perform Steps 1 to 3 to ensure you have the latest version of DirectX.
- Technology can allow for a shift to a paperless classroom, which can make the teacher’s job more efficient and organized. With a paperless format for grading and tracking assignments, teachers transport less student work to and from home and can access grades from multiple locations. Teachers may also teach in a distance-learning format, allowing them to potentially take on more students and course sections as meeting times are more flexible or nonexistent. In this format, a teacher can use a variety of technologies to present course information and reuse materials in several sections of a course without having to repeat the same lecture.
Access for Students
- Technology, specifically the Internet, gives students instant access to research databases from a variety of sources, including news sources, university databases and instructional videos. Beginning at the youngest levels of education, students can take a more active role in their own learning using technology. Games can provide children with practice in learning shapes, the alphabet and math skills, for example. Software can provide English language learners with opportunities to practice language skills independently. Additionally, technology allows students to learn from home, which is often more convenient, less costly and provides equity for rural students.
- One disadvantage for teachers at all levels of education is trying to keep up with changing technologies and learning how to use both hardware and software for educational purposes. Additionally, teachers must learn how to ensure that students are learning skills rather than simply learning how to efficiently use technology. For example, using a graphing calculator in a geometry class may make it easier for students to find angle measures without understanding properties of a triangle. Teachers can also find the amount of student communication via email overwhelming if they have increased numbers of students.
Potential Pitfalls for Students
- Discrepancies in computer skills may make assignments more difficult to complete for some students. Computer malfunctions can cause them to lose assignments or materials. In the case of online courses taken from home, varying Internet speeds and devices available to students at home may cause some students difficulty. Additionally, acquiring information in an online course relies largely on student motivation and self-monitoring, which may be difficult for some students. Other disadvantages include the danger of time spent off task distracted by social media and websites, or lack of motivation to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Technology in History
- The impact of technology has been felt for centuries. The woolen mills of the early Industrial Revolution put cottage industries operating hand looms out of business. The internal combustion engine left many harness makers and blacksmiths jobless. And the more contemporary technological revolution has displaced secretaries, postal workers and telephone operators. Technological innovation makes it possible to do more with less. Facebook bought Instagram in 2012 for $1 billion. Instagram had 30 million customers and just 11 employees. By contrast, Kodak, which had just filed for bankruptcy, had 145,000 employees at the height of its operations. Displaced workers are usually first to feel the impact of innovation, with the middle and under classes bearing the brunt of unemployment.
Technology and Economic Growth
- According to classical economic theory, the accumulation of physical capital – tools, trucks, bulldozers and assembly lines, for example – is responsible for increasing human productivity. You can drive a nail with a rock, a hammer or a nail gun, but you will be most productive with the latter. But capital goods do not account for all economic growth. Technology plays a significant role in fueling economic growth. The impact of technology can be seen in advances in manufacturing where robots perform precision operations and in hospitals where robots are used to make medical procedures less invasive. Advances in technology are improving batteries to create better performance in everything from hand-held devices to electric automobiles. Predicting the advances made possible by technology is challenging, but they will continue unabated.
The Downside of Technological Change
- A negative aspect of technological change is its impact on income distribution. Workers who are displaced by technological advances may find it difficult to become re-employed as new jobs require advanced skills they do not possess. Technology impacts the number of jobs needed to produce goods and services. At the turn of the 20th century, a third of American workers were employed in agriculture. Asof publication, only 2 percent of the labor force works on the farm, producing more than their predecessors. A report from Oxford University states that 47 percent of all jobs may be automated in the coming decades. Middle-class jobs will be lost, and the gap between the haves and the have-nots will widen.
Prospering with Technological Change
- The rate of technological change makes it necessary to take a fresh look at education. While the technological revolution opens opportunities for better jobs, workers must be retrained and re-educated to take advantage of them. Education must be less by rote and more focused on creative thinking. The Internet has made online learning an alternative to traditional classroom instruction, and many academic institutions are turning to blended learning – a mix of classroom and online. Online opportunities such as Khan Academy or the colleges that post their academic courses for anyone to audit for non-credit are examples of the technological wave that can give workers the knowledge to gain higher-paying jobs.
- Turn on your computer and open a Web browser. Go to FoxNews.com.
- Click the “Watch Fox News.com Live” link on the right-hand side of the Home page.
- Download the appropriate plug-in if your computer prompts you to do so.
- Minimize the screen, and click and drag the window to adjust the size so it’s in a corner of your screen.
- Bookmark the page so you can quickly access it daily.
- Prehistoric cave drawings are considered the first form of human communication. Some early humans dwelt in caves, which provided shelter from the elements and predatory animals. To convey past events of importance, rituals or ideas, cave dwellers would draw pictures on the walls of their homes. Language had not developed to the point at which it was adequate to convey these concepts, so drawings communicated what words could not.
- Written language developed as humans settled into agrarian communities. The switch from hunting-based societies to non-nomadic lifestyles based on agriculture took place roughly 9,000 years ago. Writing became important as humans recognized the need to keep records of property and trade. At first, pictures represented the objects that were being written about. As societies developed further, pictures then represented sounds. Ultimately in the West, the language of pictures gave way to letters, which were graphic representations of particular sounds. Stringing letters together created words.
- For hundreds of years, documents were written by hand, which could be time consuming. The skill of writing was confined to an elite, well-educated class, most of whom were clergy. In the 14th century, block printing became popular. Block printing involved using individual etched wooden blocks to print single words or letters. This process was expensive and inefficient. In 1454, German goldsmith Johannes Gutenberg invented a printing machine that contained movable blocks. Gutenberg’s invention revolutionized book production, making books affordable and accessible.
- The invention of the printing press certainly made it easier to communicate, but it could take days or weeks for the written word to arrive at its destination. Scientists searched for a faster way to transmit information. French scientists developed a communication system that used light to transmit signals in the late 18th century. American inventor Samuel Morse improved this system by creating a machine that transformed speech into electric signals and then into written words. His telegraph became a popular method to communicate quickly.
- The invention of the telegraph was the inspiration for further advances in communication technology. Using the principle behind the telegraph, American inventors Elisha Grey and Alexander Graham Bell transformed speech into an electrical signal. Unlike the telegraph, this electrical signal was transformed back into speech. This invention ultimately became more popular than the idea it was based on, and the telegraph became a thing of the past.
- Computers represented a huge leap in communication technology. Originally, computers were used perform complex mathematical equations. Eventually, scientists realized that computers could be used to communicate as well. The precursor to the Internet was created in 1989, and it allowed scientists to share documents with each other through their computers. It was not long before the Internet became publicly accessible. This technological innovation made communication faster than ever before.
- Visit computer-focused retail stores like Microcenter, CompUSA and FRYs. Browse different brands of routers, and compare product specifications and prices. Discuss technicalities and customized usage needs with store consultants and technicians.
- Surf mainstream tech and computing websites. Get the latest information, news and computer router reviews on mainstream tech and computing websites like Zdnet.com, InformationWeek.com, ZiffDavis.com, NetworkWorld.com, ComputerWorld.com and eWeek.com. Download and save articles about computer routers on your computer.
- Search for information in public libraries and bookstores. Browse reference books about computing from public libraries and read articles about routers. Access specialized databases and subscription-based information portals to get articles about computer routers. Check out books on computers and networking from the library. Browse through technology and IT magazines available in public libraries, and read news items and articles about computer routers.
- Subscribe to computer magazines. If you prefer browsing hard copies of computing magazines, then subscribe to two or three magazines like ComputerWorld, PC World, eWeek and InformationWeek to get news and information about routers.
- Visit the website for Sylvania Support and click on the link for “Download.” Enter the model number of your Blu-Ray player to see the latest firmware update version available for that model.
- Turn on the Sylvania Blu-Ray player, set the TV to the player’s input and press “Setup” on the player’s remote control to open the “Setup” menu. The firmware version currently in use in your player is shown in the upper right-hand corner. If the version shown is older than the one available on the support website, or if no version is shown at all, an update is recommended.
- Click on the link to download the latest firmware update to your computer. Locate the file when download is complete and unzip the contents of the file to a temporary folder. With Windows XP, this will involve clicking on the file, selecting “Extract All” and choosing a location for the temporary folder.
- Open a CD or DVD-burning software program on your computer. Insert a recordable disc of one of the approved formats (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD-R or CD-RW) and burn the firmware update to the disc from the file’s temporary location.
- Turn off your Sylvania Blu-Ray player. Press “Open/Close” on the front panel, load the update disc and close the disc tray. You will see the message “Software Upgrade” on the screen and “Update” on the player’s LED display. Select “Yes” on the screen and press “Enter.” You will see the message “Loading Software” on the screen and “CHECKSW” on the LED display.
- Press “Enter,” open the disc tray, remove the update disc and close the tray when you see the message “New upgrade data verified. Please remove the disc and close the tray to continue.” You will see “Upgrading in Progress” on the screen, and the display will show the percentage of installation completed.
- Look for the message “Finished” on the LED display. Unplug the player’s AC cord from the outlet, wait a minimum of 30 seconds and plug the cord back in. Turn the player back on and press “Setup” to confirm that the updated version is shown in the top right-hand corner.
The earliest form of communication germinated from the necessity of human beings to convey their messages. Under the primitive circumstances, communication was local and was limited to voice signals and gestures that can be heard and viewed within the range of hearing and eyesight. These communications were also based on protocols and were direct. The protocols were the rules that were agreed upon by community members to be used for particular purposes. For example, hunters of a certain community would generate certain shrill and loud noises to alert each other about an approaching prey, while the signals for gathering at a particular location were a different one.
From the above scenario, few things should be clear. For communication, few things are absolutely necessary – a language, some predefined protocols, a processor cum controller (in this case, brain) to prompt the communicator when to communicate, an instrument to generate and transmit the message (vocal cord/hand), a form of the message (voice/noise/gestures), a medium (air/vacuum), an instrument to receive the message (eye/ear), an instrument to decode/interpret and process the received message (brain). The constraint in this scheme was that the messages were not universal in nature and were heavily dependent on physical capabilities and natural conditions.
It’s funny to notice that only the variable values have changed in the modern form of computer based communication, the variables have remained the same. For example, the language for all computers in this world is the binary language, protocols are generally defined by IEEE, every computer has a microprocessor, ports are there to transmit and receive the messages, the form is electrical signal, and the medium is wire or wireless. There has been no radical paradigm shift in the way we communicate. All the changes have been superficial in nature and the only change that has taken place is that the distance and certainty of communication has increased to some extent.
Now, after discussing the past and the present of communication technology, it is time we concentrate on the future of communication. In the future also, 3 things will remain constant – a transmitter/receiver, a processor/decode/interpreter at both ends and a form of message. The other things will either become useless or or will merged to form a single entity or hooked along with the main three ones.
In the future, communication will be based on brain waves. Human brains will be tuned to transmit and receive brain waves for any kind of communication. This will nullify the cost of physical infrastructure and the communication will be much more effective, given that human brain is the most powerful and complicated instrument human beings can ever build. It might seem to be an outrageous comment to AI scientists, but the fact is that no one can produce anything more powerful than their brain. The intensity f thoughts and the concentration level will be varied for making the communication more profound and distant.
- Divide the elements of language into small, easy to comprehend groups. Some of the elements that you need to learn are cognates, which are words that look the same in different languages. For example, the English word brother and the German word bruder.
- Identify words called connectors, or conjunctions. These words are “and,” “so,” “but” and “or.” These words can connect words, show contrast or offer a choice.
- Identify referents. Referents are words used as a substitute for a noun, or pronouns. Referents are used in speech and the written language so that you do not have to say the item’s or person’s name over and over again. He, she and it are all examples of referents.
- Identify the different parts of speech and memorize prefixes and suffixes. It is vital to be able to identify the different parts of speech, prefixes and suffixes, in order to learn technical English. This will allow you to break down a word and readily identify its meaning. An example of a prefix is hyper-, which means extra or beyond, such as in the word hyperactive. A suffix is found at the end of the word; “-ism” is a suffix that means a belief, such as in the word communism.
- Practice the lexis and grammatical elements by reading a passage and identifying the different parts of speech and elements. Lexis is similar to the word linguistics and involves the base words of the language, without prefixes, suffixes, etc. Pre-reading activities and building a high-frequency vocabulary list are ways to practice technical English.
- Visit the “About” page of the Flash section of the adobe.com website.
- Note your version of the Flash software, which is listed to the right of the page’s introductory paragraph. For example, your version may say “You have version 10,2,159,1 installed.”
- Compare your version with the list of player versions in the table at the bottom of the site. If a greater version number than yours is listed for your operating system, an update is available.
- Click the “Player Download Center” link above the list of versions if an update is required. Follow the customized installation instructions for your browser and operating system.